Lemon Pecan Muffins
Yield: Makes 10-12 muffins.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups Muffins! Muffins! Mix
- 2 lemon\'s zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, and pecans.
- Add mix all at once.
- Add zest and lemon juice.
- Stir until all the flour is moistened--do not overmix.
- Adding lemon juice to the milk directly would curdle the milk, so follow the above procedure carefully.
- Combine sugar, flour, and butter to create a crumb topping.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and to with crumb topping.
- Bake about 20 min. until golden.
- Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.