Overnight Oatmeal Two ways from Pepper Lynn. As makers of stone ground oats we love the versatility of oatmeal. We’re always looking for creative recipes and uses to pass along.
This recipe uses chia seeds and you could certainly use flax seeds as well. These are great for families on the go, giving the kids a great nutritional start to the day that takes basically no prep time.
You can find several other great recipes as well so please check them out http://www.pepperlynn.com/2012/02/overnight-oats-two-ways/
Until then enjoy these overnight oatmeal sensations:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 2 ½ tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 small banana, mashed
- Combine the oats, Greek yogurt, milk, and chia seeds in a bowl or jar, cover with a lid or plastic wrap, and allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir in the desired mix-ins and enjoy (choose from one of the two mix-in combinations shown or come up with your own custom flavors!).