Halloween Honey Pumpkin Biscuits are great at any time of the year, but if you want to make some special ones for Halloween, the aromatic pumpkin spice in these makes them ideal. Your kitchen will smell incredible while these are baking in the oven, and then you can enjoy them warm, fresh from the oven, as a Halloween treat.
Using our Buttermilk Biscuit Mix cuts down on the ingredients you need and the preparation time, and you can expect light, fluffy biscuits boasting plenty of wonderful flavor and an appealing homemade look.
You can use fresh cooked pumpkin in this recipe or canned pumpkin. Don’t use pumpkin pie filling – you need the 100% pure pumpkin puree. Feel free to swap the honey for molasses or agave syrup if you wish, or else leave it out if you prefer more savory biscuits. These are great served with butter, and the whole family is sure to love this delicious Halloween snack.
- 2 cups [url href=”http://buttecreekmill.com/products/buttermilk-biscuit-mix/”]Butte Creek Mill Buttermilk Biscuit Mix[/url]
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift the Biscuit Mix and baking soda into a bowl.
- Chop the butter into pieces and add it to the bowl.
- Cut it in until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the buttermilk, canned pumpkin, honey and pumpkin pie spice.
- Use a fork to mix the ingredients together.
- Knead on a lightly floured board for a minute.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick and brush with a little oil.
- Fold the dough over and cut out double biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until done.
- Let the biscuits cool down for 10 minutes on wire racks, then serve them warm.