What could be better than biting into a succulent ripe peach fresh off the vine? A fresh baked peach pie of course! Here at Butte Creek Mill, we have all the fresh ingredients you need to make your famous summer pie this season. You’re sure to wow your guests with tasty desserts everyone loves. Check out this recipe for summer peach pie.
- 1 egg
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced and peeled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup Butte Creek Mill barley flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1¼ cups Butte Creek Mill barley flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup ice water
- To make pie crust, combine flour and salt in
bowl, then cut in butter. Add water to form ball, wrap in plastic and keep in fridge overnight. Roll out as needed.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, then line a 9-inch pie plate with one crust. Brush with the egg wash. This will prevent sogginess. Put sliced peaches in a bowl and add lemon juice while mixing carefully. In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, pouring over the peach mixture. Pour the entire mixture into the pie shell, and place slivers of butter all over. Place the remaining pie crust on top, fluting the edges. Brush more egg wash on the finished product, then cut small slits to release steam.
- Bake 10 minutes, then put the heat down to 350 degrees F. Bake for a half hour until you see juice piping up under the crust. Let cool before serving to
guests. It's best to serve it warm rather than steaming hot anyway. Add a dollop of whip cream or vanilla ice cream to sweeten things up even more.
Visit Butte Creek Mill for all the mixes, flours and meals you need to make your breakfast, lunch,