We love our Bundt Cakes, and salted caramel…
We thank the Tasteful life for this wonderful recipe.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Crème fraîche
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
4 large eggs, room temperature
Preparation for Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and lightly flour inside a bundt pan.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Using a mixer beat the butter until creamy.
5. Add the sugar and continue to mix until it becomes light and pale.
6. Next add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla extract and Crème fraîche 1/4 cup at a time until it is all mixed in.
7. Next add your flour mixture in small amounts allowing each bit to mix in completely before you add more.
8. After all the ingredients are mixed in spoon the batter with a spatula into the bundt mold smoothing it out on top.
9. Bake for 50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Once the cake is done let it cool for about 12 minutes before you invert it onto another rack letting it cool completely for about an hour.
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 stick of butter
Sea salt (I used fleur de sel)
Preparation for Carmel Glaze
If you are prone to seeing sugar rocks start to form then try adding the butter and the sugar at the same time while whisking as they dissolve and blend together. See Version A below.
1. Add the butter and sugar together and melt them at the same time while whisking Medium Heat .
2. As the butter and sugar start to dissolve add the cream and continue to whisk Medium to High Heat
3. Once it starts to froth and bubble take it off the heat while still whisking. Continue in Version 2 below with step 5.
1. In a sauce pan add the sugar and whisk over a medium heat allowing the sugar to melt.
2. Once it starts to turn an amber color add the butter and whisk at a fast pace.
3. When all of the butter is completed melted and mixed with the sugar you can remove it from the heat.
4. Next add the cream while you continue to whisk until the mixture is in a cream caramel glaze form.
5. Pour this glaze into a glass container or a bowl and set aside.
6. Once the cake has cooled you can pour the caramel over the top covering it in a decorative fashion.
7. Sprinkle the top with sea salt and serve!