There is nothing better than having something handy to eat when you are late for work or too lazy to make something for breakfast. You can also keep the muffins in stock to welcome any unexpected guests.
- Serving Size: Makes about 10 Muffins
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes approximately
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup diced mango
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup Butte Creek Mill oat flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup Butte Creek Mill old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup full fat sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together oat flour, all purpose flour, rolled oats, salt, unsweetened coconut flakes and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, egg, sugar, lemon zest and hot coconut oil. Whisk well.
- Split the vanilla beans in half.
- Scratch out the insides of vanilla bean and whisk in the egg mixture.
- Now combine this mixture with the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Add the diced mangoes in it. Mix well.
- Grease 10 muffin cups with butter and pour equal amounts of batter in them.
- Sprinkle sweetened shredded coconut on top of all.
- Bake for approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let it cool.
The delectable Mango Oat Muffins are ready to serve.
|Values per serving|
Calories from Fat 160
Percent Daily Value *
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||
|Dietary Fiber 3g||
|Sodium 95 mg||
|Cholesterol 10 mg||
|Total Fat 18g||
|Saturated Fat 14g||
* % Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.