The Mill Receives an Addition

In 1912, an addition was built on the south side to provide for additional storage space and a loading dock area. Columns with chamfering similar to the original second floor are used on the first floor. The roof is extended at the same pitch. The framing uses 2″ x 8″ studs and 2″ x 6″ rafters. The siding is about the same size but is cut with a circular saw rather than whip-sawn as on the original section of the mill. Large posts are used in the basement, but the joints are nailed rather than pegged.