During the fall and holidays cranberries are always abundant and fun to use and pair up flavors…For us oats is a food group, so finding this recipe from Fantastic Eats became a must try, and after using this recipe it has become a staple for us.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter.
- Add both the white and brown sugars and mix until fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt, add the oats and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the chopped cranberries and white chocolate.
- Drop spoonful’s of dough onto the lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Pop in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.