Bob Moore of Bob’s Red Mill Donates $100,000

Published on January 17, 2018

Eagle Point, Oregon: The Butte Creek Mill Foundation is pleased to announce Bob Moore of Bob’s Red Mill has generously donated $100,000 to restore Butte Creek Mill.  Flour milling is near and dear to Bob Moore’s heart.  “I’ve had a mill of my own for 45 years and I’m certainly pleased to help with the restoration of the Butte Creek Mill” said Mr. Moore.    The donation along with other donations from throughout the region will go towards the Restore, Rebuild, Reconnect campaign to ensure the Butte Creek Mill and the Ice House are once again places where families, community members, and organizations can visit to purchase Butte Creek Mill products or enjoy two unique pieces of history.

For more information or to donate please visit or call 541-690-5356

About The Butte Creek Mill Foundation

Until the early morning of December 25, 2015, the world-famous Butte Creek Mill, on the National Register of Historic Places, was the only water-powered gristmill West of the Mississippi commercially grinding flour. The Mill operated in the same manner as it did when it was built in 1872. Tragically 70% of the Butte Creek Mill was lost that Christmas Day. However, the remaining 30% of the structure still remains viable, including the original French grinding stones. This surviving portion of the original structure makes it possible for the Mill to maintain its place on the National Register of Historic Places. This small part of the Mill also makes it possible for the families and community impacted by the Mill to “Rebuild History” by joining the Foundation in the campaign to restore the Butte Creek Mill to its original beauty and purpose.

The Butte Creek Mill Foundation was established as a result of a call to action by the community to rebuild the Mill. The Foundation was granted its 501(c)(3) status in early 2017. As a result of this designation, the Foundation has started a capital campaign to rebuild the Mill. We are in the process of soliciting grant funding, as well as individual donations. To date, the Foundation has raised over $400,000 in cash and over $500,000 in in-kind donations. In addition, the Timber Framers have committed to rebuilding the Mill as their 2018 Community Project. Once the Mill is rebuilt, the Foundation will oversee the operation of the Butte Creek Mill.